Thursday, February 25, 2010

Been a Long Time Coming

WOW ! I have really let this slide. But, I have to admit something -- I haven't been too happy parting with the dinero for the fall offerings... even with the Oscars coming up! I have resorted to DVD viewing to get my flick fix!

I fed my Robert Downey Jr. fetish by seeing Sherlock Holmes, though I admit I am a Sherlock Holmes fan as well. While I enjoyed it on two levels, my comrades did not--at least not the way I did. I am looking forward to more if there is a series?

I took my girls to see New Moon because we enjoyed the books together -- it did not give me the same feeling that Twilight did. I can only hope Eclipse will make it better. Though I do remember that the New Moon book was the saddest of the series for me.

I generally skip Rom-Coms and only watch when there is nothing else to captivate me. These snowy weekends have left my dvd watching wide open.

Avatar and The Hurt Locker are probably my picks for Best Picture, though I suspect Precious was just too much for audiences to bear with its heartbreaking story.

I will try to see the contenders before the grand night, but I am a sucker for the alt-indie films that get little exposure.
We'll see... maybe just DVD reviews for awhile. What have you seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment