Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Hangover

6/20/09
The Hangover (rated R, 1 hr. 40 min)
I very rarely go to see outright comedies, unless they get great ratings or I hit a matinee. But, I just couldn’t avoid the fact that The Hangover was still #1 at the box office after 2 weeks and everyone seemed to be talking about it. I admit I caved to the press. And at a 10:30 Saturday night showing, there was but a few empty seats.

Typical buddies-flick--road trip to Vegas for a bachelor party and chaos ensues if anyone could remember. Losing the groom, the buddies must retrace their steps through a night filled with mis-steps. All I can say is that like any good train wreck, I somehow couldn’t look away. If you want to know what they mean by “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” this is the movie for you. I think every possible scenario was covered and then some. Surprise cameos and laughs that are more ‘oh, no’ groans than slapstick guffaws.
Directed by Todd Phillips. With Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis.

Hmmm. 3 out of 5 ticket stubs

1 comment:

  1. I am probably the last person to see this movie. But it was worth seeing. I thought it was really funny. I think I would give it another ticket or two if I were rating it. As a mother of children who are all going to bachelor/bachelorette parties I can only hope that they don't come home missing any teeth and relying on a camera for clues as to what happened the night before!!!

    ReplyDelete