Sunday, June 5, 2011

X-Men - First Class


It's really no surprise that I am a comic book fan and am truly enjoying the past few years' resurgence in Super Hero movies.   The X-Men are one of my favorites in the Marvel world and I was very curious to see the "pre-quel"  to the franchise, X-Men First Class.  I was not disappointed.  The movie explained the early years of the first characters, Professor Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto), the origins of the friendship and ultimate parting of ways.  Other characters are also introduced, like Mystique and Beast. Kevin Bacon plays the wonderfully awful Sebastian Shaw.   The special effects were awesome, but the cameos and one-liner references were even better.  There were even some well-placed laughs. I didn't even mind being the only female in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment